The Department of Career & Information Studies at the University of Georgia invites applications for a position as an Assistant Professor of Workforce Education to begin August 2022. The position is a tenure-track, academic year appointment with the possibility of summer employment.
The Workforce Education Program consists of six full-time faculty members with a variety of research interests. The program offers MEd, MAT, EdS, EdD, and PhD degrees; attracts and supports national and international doctoral students; and has strong collaborative relationships with colleagues in STEM disciplines, quantitative and qualitative research methods, and state school districts. The Mary Frances Early College of Education (MFECOE) consists of nine departments and approximately 220 faculty members.
- A doctorate in career and technical education, workforce education, or related field earned by the start date of the position.
- An active record of scholarship and productivity commensurate with experience.
- Strong potential for seeking and attracting external funding.
- Evidence that career and technical education or workforce education teaching and learning is central to research.
- Familiarity through instruction or research with current and emerging trends and cultural contexts in secondary, postsecondary, and/or workplace settings.
- Capability to teach on-site courses in the workforce education program.
Applications received by November 19, 2021 are assured full consideration. We will continue to accept and screen applications until the position is filled. A complete application includes:
- A letter of application that addresses both research and teaching (not to exceed 4 pages).
- A curriculum vita.
- Transcripts for all degrees earned and in progress (unofficial transcripts accepted initially).
- Two samples of scholarly writing combined into one .pdf document.
- Names and contact information for three references. Letters will not be requested from these persons unless you become a finalist.
All materials should be uploaded electronically to UGAJobs: https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/225169
Please direct inquiries to the search committee chair, Dr. John Mativo (email@example.com). Please note that this position is contingent on availability of funding.